- Last Updated:
The location of Start Point will be announced at 12 October 2023 12:00
- Number bib will be distributed before 14 October. Participants must arrive on time at the Start Point on Day 1 of the Race, with number bib worn on front, and register at the registration counter. For participating teams, all team members must be present for registration.
- After registration, every participant will be given a timing wristband. Participants shall wear the wristband and then proceed to the "Photo-taking" area to take photo for record (Photos are used for the race only and are the property of the Organizer.).
- One map will be given to each Solo participant of “40K Sprinter” and each team of other courses.
- The grid reference of the first check point of each course will be announced 15 minutes before the corresponding start times. Participants may design their own route to the check point.
- Upon arrival at checkpoint, solo participants have to ”tap on” the recording station and take a photo. Participating teams must gather all team members and then use the timing wristband to “tap on” the station. They also have to take a team photo (as shown on picture).
- Upon arrival at check point, participants will get the grid reference of the next check point. They may design their own route until reaching the Finish Point. The Organizer recommends participants to use the map and compass for designing the route. They can also use electronic map and GPS via their mobile.
- On Day 1, the last check point of team participants is the Campsite, which is also the Finish Point of “40K Sprinter” and the Start Point for Day 2. The Organizer will announce at 14 October 2023 12:00
the location of the Campsite via the Event FB/IG to let support teams of participants to get ready.
- On Day 2, grid reference of the first check point of each course will be announced 15 minutes before the corresponding Start Times. Participants may design their own route to the check point. The Organizer will announce at 15 October 2023 10:00
the location of Finish Point via the Event website and FB/IG to let support teams of participating teams to get ready.
- For participating teams, time recording will start from the start time at Start Point and paused once after arrival and registration at the Campsite. It will resume after completion of registration on Day 2, and stop upon arrival and registration at Finish Point. For solo participants, time recording will start from the start time till arrival and registration at Finish Point.
Supplies during the Race
- Every participant has to prepare his/her own food and beverage (F&B) during the race. Our recommendation is minimum 2L of beverage and food of 500 calories. Participants should consider adjustment to suit their personal physique and course.
- Participants can buy F&B during the race when passing through stores or vending machines. Supplies from support team could only be acquired at the Campsite, otherwise the result will not be ranked.
- The Organizer will provide the following supplies: - On Day 1, drinking water and snacks to participants of “70K Challenger”, “50K Adventurer”, and “40K Sprinter” at one of the check points (about 20 km from the Start Point); - On Day 2, drinking water and snacks to participants of “70K Challenger” at one of the check points (about 20 km from the Campsite); - On Day 2, drinking water and snacks to participants of “50K Adventurer” at one of the check points (about 10 km from the Campsite); The above checkpoints will not provide F&B to participants of “23K Leisure Runner”. Note: Participants need to bring along own water bottle(s) and/or food container(s).
Arrangement and Supplies at the Campsite (not applicable to “40K Sprinter”)
- Participants must bring their own camping gears, including tents, light equipment, and cooking equipment (Details refer to “Equipment”).
- Participants can store their camping gears in one well-packed luggage at Start Point after registration. The Organizer will deliver the luggage to the Campsite. (Details refer to “Luggage Storage”)
- After reaching the Campsite on Day 1, participants are not allowed to leave until the start time on Day 2.
- Set up of tent and all cooking must be done within designated area assigned for the team. Size of such area is approximately: 2x3m (for a team of 2) or 4x3m (for a team of 3-4).
- At the Campsite, there are supply of tap water, toilets and washing facilities, but NO supply of drinking water. Participants have to prepare drinking water for racing in Day 2.
- Upon arrival at the Campsite, the Organizer will provide each participant a bottle or a can of energy drink or beverage, and a “Dinner Pack”*. Participants may do cooking themselves. (Please handle lighters and all other ignition sources with care.)
- A designated “Support Area” will be set up outside the Campsite. This is the only area at which Support Team may provide supplies to participants. For details please refer to “Arrangements for Support Team”.
- Participants have to prepare their own breakfast for Day 2.
- On Day 2, participants have to pack all their camping gears (except those of support teams) and clear the rubbish 30 minutes before the start time of their corresponding courses. All team members must gather for registration at the counter and then store luggage for delivering to the Finish Points of corresponding courses.
Arrangement for Support Team
- The Organizer will announce at 14 October 2023 12:00
for the location of the Campsite via the Event FB/IG.
- Support from support team is only allowed: - (Day 1) when the participants reach the campsite, and inside the designated “Support Area”. Each solo or team can only receive supplies once and within 30 minutes. It is not applicable to the support team members who have got approval from the Organizer to enter into the campsite and/or stay overnight^. - (Day 2) when the team participants reach Finish Point Support provided otherwise may lead to no ranking for the participant or team.
- If there will be support teams to enter into the Campsite and/or staying overnight^, participating teams have to register and pay fee ($200 per head) from 18 September to 9 October. Participants have the priority in using the facilities at the Campsite.
- Participants can also either order “Dinner Pack” for the support teams or prepare own food.
- There is no age limit for support team members. If one member is at age under 16, there must be one member aged 18 or above to accompany him/her.
* “Dinner Pack” for team participants (Food may be subject to change depending on the supply of the vendor.) - Option 1: chicken cutlet (1 pc), pork chop (1 pc), chicken wings (2 pcs), meat balls (4 pcs), egg (1 pc), instant noodle (1 pc) and orange (1 pc) - Option 2: seasonal vegetables, egg (1 pc), instant noodle (1 pc) and orange (1 pc)
^ Every participant can apply for maximum 2 support team members to stay overnight. Limited quota, first-come-first-served. For each corporate team, the first 2 support team members will be free of charge to stay overnight. The Organizer will open for participants to register from 18 September to 9 October. Confirmation email will be sent to the participants after receiving the payment.
- Luggage Storage Counter will be set up at the Start Point (Day 1) and Campsite (Day 2), and open 1 hour before the start time of each course. Luggage pick-up point will be set up at Campsite (Day 1) and Finish Point (Day 2).
- ONE luggage can be stored by each participant once on each day. The luggage has to be well-packed (include camping equipment and gears) and within the maximum capacity of 60L (backpack). An extra fee of $200 will be chargeable for each oversized luggage.
- Participants have to prepare their own waterproof bag to pack their luggage.
- Restricted Items: Breakable Items, Valuable and Flammable Items
- The Organizer is not responsible for any damages or loss during handling, transiting and storage of any luggage.
- The Organizer has the right to re-organize luggage storage arrangement during any special situation or adverse weather.
- The Organizer may hold participants liable for any damage resulting from any leakage of their luggage or fire caused by the content therein.